Windows of Opportunities, donate free household items such as good clean clothes, furniture, bed frames and shoes are given to victims who are burned out of their homes and who experience other disasters. These items are also given to individuals who are coming from being homeless or prison to sustainability. Monetary gifts and donated items to the Thrift Store are sold to:
• help give a certain percentage in purchasing medication for the elderly,
• fix food boxes for individuals or families that are in need of food,
• feed the homeless,
• pass out gloves, sweaters, coats, shirts, shoes, sweat shirts and hats,
• help purchase school supplies for single parents who are struggling,
• assist parents with a disabled child who are in need,
• to conduct monthly workshops on various topics to the community to bring about awareness
Windows of Opportunities made it possible for a disabled child to receive a free wheel chair.
Windows of Opportunities conducts free workshop for within the communities to bring about awareness and knowledge. Such workshops consist of domestic violence, child abuse, health and wellness, how to manage your finance, how to Dress for Success for job interviews, basic Spanish and English and basic computer skills. With monetary donations and items that are sold from the Thrift store, we will continue to bring about awareness and knowledge to the communities while helping individuals and families who are in need.